Sunday, August 2, 2009

Things to be done





Haven't posted in a little, while. I was avoiding anything unnecessary.
First of all, well done, everyone. I'm glad to see the enthusiasm and creativity that has been presented.

We will need to have a discussion to clarify the scope of the game, at the moment this is a very clouded aspect of design and we need a solid basis. For instance, we need to know what these factions are cooperating for. And of course the fact that we are working under a short time frame and have to plan for the immediate things rather than a broad workload.
Ships come first, ship-based coding comes first; we should have time for characters after this (to implement, creating and animating them is within the time limit).

We will begin major engine modifications (with the changes we wish to implement located on the wiki) on Monday. This is the first tier of productivity, after which we will begin to work on the script-based systems and AI; and then UI and HUDs etc.

I have been designing things myself, though I probably should be using my time better. All this first week I have been moderating the blog, finalizing the wiki and tampering with the forums (thank you for posting, Josh). My view on the character aspect as it is, is less realistic than the space-side of things. A bit more to the over proportioned, fantasy kind of thing.

We will finalize the first steps on Monday then proceed immediately to content production etc.

Updated 02/08/09

Was drawn on lined paper so its a bit.. fuzzy, did smooth it out a bit and remove blue lines ^^*

I'll try to draw a better character for this later if I have time.












Updated 18/08/09
Progress on the character model so far. Just using some default colours for my own aid.

Changed the idea many times over; to avoid complicated animation I wont be doing cloth.

To theme this better with the game, she will be wearing 'some' form of armour.

Will provided me with the link to a good script-resource, for the tail animation. Should be interesting :)

She's going to jump super high! Would really like to put some animating cloth on her :(

Updated 25/08/09

Character currently has seperate mesh for pants, sleeves, hair, ears, tail, boots.



Still trying to etch out what kind of look I want.. x.x;



I suppose ill give her bigger claws, still.






























Need to rework the face structure; as well as elbows / under arms and back for animation.



I want her standing pose to have her arms behind her, down.

That's the reason for the proper shoulder joint mesh. I believe ive found some good advice on it.






2 comments: