Saturday, August 8, 2009

Ships and Aliens - Andrew Mabey

Hello all.

Here are the rough sketches I've been drawing over the past two weeks. I've been looking at all sorts of things for reference and inspiration, some of which may or may not be evident in the designs themselves. After the first week I tried to move away from my attempts to incorporate engines that had an intake, like you would find on a real world airplane. I have given each group of ships different names to help with identifying them should they come up in discussion.

For the alien heads I took inspiration from real world bugs that had been photographed using what I believe was an electron microscope.

The site I've been using for alien inspiration is: http://www.uglybug.org/

Anyway, here is what I've come up with. Keep in mind these are all concept sketches.







1 comment: