Friday, August 7, 2009

Mesh Hiding and SQLite-ing

I have been working on a way to programmatically hide/show meshes on a model. This can be used to equip players with different armour/clothes and stuff. I started with this resource which was created for torque 1.1.1. I then found an updated version here. I then discovered that Torque3D had a built-in mesh hiding system. Although it's not as advanced as the previously mentioned resources, so there are still a few engine changes that must be made.

I've also been working on this SQLite Integration resource, which will allow player details (name, race, inventory items etc) to be stored in a database. I had to change a few things to make it work with Torque3D and the latest version of SQLite, but it seems to be working now.

No comments:

Post a Comment