Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Project Update

The game is still in pieces on the half way mark; by the start of next semester we should be able to put it all together, hopefully! However, til then I would like everyone to work with it, and not overstep into the advanced side of the game.

As the battle in space is what we will demonstrate after the presentation it does need a lot more attention. I will do whatever I have to get it looking more interesting than blank space with a floating ball.

What the scene needs:
  • Capital Ships
  • Meteors
  • Debris
  • Full emcompassing skybox with more than dots (just having nebula on 2-3 of the sides is good enough... though not too much or itll look weird... I can do this if necessary. Just need nebula with transparency)
  • AI Fighter Ships
  • Turrets (I will post an art update on how these are made, as well as a wiki update)
  • Energy/Resource 'nodes' (to be picked up by the player for the team)

Sam is going to work on AI, and I suppose I will too. Setting up the battlefield strategies and objectives. This will most likely take a fair bit of time to get working somewhat well. We don't want to lose just because the AI goes and crashes into things; with the complexity of working AI in with the amount of flight-physics.. things will not be easy.

I will construct a placeholder capital ship for the battlefield, with parts to target and destroy; as well as resource/energy control points (such as generators and satelites); I posted earlier on how it was going to work, so I wont be redundant and reiterate - http://randomspacegame.blogspot.com/2009/09/battlefield-orbattlespace.html#comments


I will update this post once I realise how poorly it describes what I want to do.

Additionally, here's a quick warhammer inspired vehicle and control-point I made on the 22nd; and a satellite just now.

Models are less than 1,500 polys


1 comment:

  1. Deepscratch is close to porting the imense amount of code for the Enhanced Weapon Systems into T3D; currently the process tick is what has issues; though, it may have more once this is fixed.

    ReplyDelete