Thursday, October 15, 2009

Update Time

Okay i havent posted in a while so i probably should.

My current task is porting over the enhanced weapons resource provided by ron into T3D. Hopefully i can do a better job than deepscratch with this whole tri ray cast thing ( i may need will's genius to help me out :) )

This task is a reasonably long one as there are about 40 files to change before debugging begins! Ah well, bring it on!! If i can get this working our game will be all the more awesome :D

3 comments:

  1. The tri-ray cast isnt the problem. It's just the differences between 1.0 and his port. He may have used Beta 1.0, as it would have been closest to 1.8.1 (well that's my empathetic-logic on it anyhow).

    So perhaps try getting into that first - incase you overwrite some new functions introduced over the months from 1.0 beta to release.

    If he did indeed port it with 0 compile errors, the files in Beta 1.0 should be enough themselves; somehow I doubt that of course.

    Goodluck Sam. If you can get it to compile fine then we can go from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see. I wil ask him to see what beta he was using then try and get a copy of that

    This may take a while though :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if you can just ask him what he ported it into, then that'd be enough. I'm pretty sure you cant just jump it into beta-1.0.

    ReplyDelete