Thursday, July 30, 2009

First time for everything


For my first blog i will go over my first week of the multimedia dip and this is also my first time i have posted in anything
I guess the most logical thing to do is to start on Monday. So i find out that im part of a project to create space game which evolves fighting space battles, upgrading our ship, taking planets for your faction and then getting out of your ship and really take control of your character as you fight battles as an alien/human depending on your faction. So i guess that it is a scifi/rpg/shooter combo. After this class i found myself in a different class were i learn how to create/edit sound effects unfortunately the correct equipment was not available so all we did was edit songs to learn how to cut out the ”pop” when you cut say a whole verse out.



On Tuesday i was introduced to the world of creating concepts for movies/games. As my imagination primarily revolves around the medieval ages and fantasy evolved with it like magic, dragons, demons and heroes to combat the evils by in my mind they don’t always win. So with that in mind i decided to come up with stories with that kind theme. After that class 3ds was up next and we had to create a model off one of the reference images provided so we can animate them next week.





Wednesday i spend all day drawing art for the game we are making and i came up with the idea that the neutral planets which the player wants to take over are guarded these creatures >>>


who are blind, very angery, and can shoot a beam out of their enlarged hand

2 comments:

  1. I like it, do these creatures have a name and origin? :)

    In any case; a race discussion can be had on the forums; neutral races will most likely be more alien-oriented. Though, I don't see why we cant have human-relative hostile factions on some planets.

    Amazon Planet me thinks? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the energy vein thing you got going, one normal arm and one mutated arm for special attacks.

    The first concept drawing is cool too.

    ReplyDelete